31.12.14

2014: food, books, dogs

Of course, it’s all about recapping the year right now. At first I wasn’t going to do that, because 2014 sucked hard and I didn’t want to acknowledge it even existed. Bring on 2015, I say. But I can’t erase a year from existence, so I’ve decided to celebrate the good things, in food, books, and dogs.

My favourite food photos of the year:


smoked meat sandwich at Caplansky’s, Toronto // burger at Allen’s, Toronto // churros and chocolate at Xoco, Chicago // fried chicken at momofuku noodle bar, Toronto // birthday key lime pie // beet caprese salad at Pizzeria Libretto, Toronto // pizza at Pizzeria Libretto // birthday ice cream // ice cream sandwich at Moo Milk Bar, Toronto


Amazing grapefruit juice at Fat Pasha, Toronto // the rotisserie duck at momofuku ssäm bar, NYC // poutine in Ottawa // the Tim Horton’s chocolate chip muffin that got me a new job// amaretto-chocolate budino with whipped cream, sour cherry compote, and chocolate at Pizzeria Libretto // a meal I actually made myself in the summer

I decided that I spent too much time watching TV and on my iPad and not reading enough, so I set a goal of reading at least one book a month in 2014. I surpassed that, while still watching too much TV and spending too much time on my iPad.

  • Not That Kind of Girl, Lena Dunham – the book every blogger was pictured with, it was fine and entertaining, but pretty self-involved. I liked Tina Fey’s and Amy Poehler’s better.

And finally, my favourite random dogs of the year (just call me doggie paparazzi):

Like I said, bring on 2015. It can’t be any worse than this year. In fact, I’m determined that it be better.

Thanks everyone for reading my insane thoughts and looking at all the photos I post this year. Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Oh my goodness. I did not make a New Year's Resolution, but I did make a January resolution to not eat after 7:00 this whole entire month (we eat dinner at 5:30 or 6:00). And those food pictures are torture! Oh my goodness! I could eat every single thing right now! I am curious about your current book. I hope you tell us how it is. Interesting about the Lena Dunham book. It was one I briefly considered, but chose not to. And those doggies! That grey puppy is so stinking cute! I hope 2015 isthe best for you!!!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about all the food photos! Live vicariously. :) I will definitely be posting about the Japanese tidying book, I finished reading it and I loved it. It was adorable. I also think it might change my life!

      Delete
  2. I had never heard of Momofuku before your blog (guess I'm not a foodie), but thanks to you we stopped there for cookies at the milk bar. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hope you enjoyed. If you get the chance to try a meal at noodle bar or daisho, I do recommend it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...