20.1.14

A little sunshine yellow

I have a deep aversion to the colour yellow. I’m not sure where it comes from; maybe I was traumatized by the crocheted yellow dress my mom made for me when I was little. Maybe I’ve deeply internalized the idea that Asians shouldn’t wear yellow because it just doesn’t go with our skin tone. Regardless, I just don’t like yellow.

But a little yellow might be ok.


Club Monaco Cece Cashmere Tee (Spring 2013) // Stella & Dot Norah Pendant // Club Monaco pencil skirt // Wolford tights // Nine West nude heels

The necklace is yellow. I would prefer it in a different colour, but it’s growing on me quite a bit. I also like the pop of yellow on the deep blue.

Last week I wore it with teal:

My friend Leslie is still hooking me up with Stella & Dot, to wear and have fun with. Although I keep resisting hosting a trunk show (I really don’t like that sort of thing), I’m more than happy to borrow her samples, take pictures of them, review them, and maybe buy a few here and there, the ones that I really like. I didn’t think I’d want to buy this one, but it’s seriously growing on me. For consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...