27.8.13

Burned out, but getting better

I’ve been feeling a little burned out lately. I’ve had an extended vacation, but I didn’t feel it was particularly restful.Work has burned me out in particular this summer, I need some time to rest and recuperate.

So because I’ve been feeling burned out, I’ve been feeling lazy about clothes and even just getting dressed in the morning. I don’t care about putting new outfits together, I just wear whatever I’ve worn before. I don’t care about my hair, I put on minimal makeup, and I haven’t worn a heel in ages. I have a pair under my desk at work, but I can’t be bothered to put them on because they have buckle and that would be effort, so I just wear flats all day.

But I just had a relaxing, restful long weekend at a friend’s cottage in Muskoka, and we’re coming up on a long weekend where I don’t plan to go anywhere or do anything to exciting (I might go see Despicable Me 2. Ooh, I’m a wild one!), so I’m feeling a little refreshed and interested in getting dressed in something pretty again.



J.Crew tank top and featherweight cotton cardigan // Anthro Scalloped Stripes Skirt (Girls From Savoy) // Tory Burch Reva flats

But no heels yet, that would be asking too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...