8.7.13

Amateur blogging

I learned afterwards that there were quite a few “professional” Toronto fashion bloggers at the Anthropologie fashion show at Shops at Don Mills last week (Crazy Style Love, My Fash Avenue, Toronto Shopoholic, The Vault Files, One Chic Mom). That would explain why everyone seemed to know them and why a few had some crazy camera equipment with them. While I admire these women for turning their blogs into “careers” of sorts, here’s why I’ll never do that:

  • I prefer to remain anonymous.
  • Expensive camera equipment scares me.
  • I’m really not that naturally fashionable. I just try really hard.
  • I’m not very creative in my daily outfits.
  • As such, I’m in no position to give anyone any fashion advice.
  • I’m not looking to reach a lot of people, and I would still do this even if no one read it.*
  • I’m not a model, I look like a moron in front of the camera.

Lately, I’ve been looking more and more like a moron in any real camera pictures I try to take, so they always end up deleted. Also blame iPhone for the lazy outfit photos, it’s just too easy to snap a mirror pic and go, and I can see what I look like before I take the picture. I will try to take more real photos at some point…but they won’t end up here if I keep looking terrible in them.

So for now, this is as good as it gets.


Jacob sleeveless top (2005? 2006?) // knockoff J. Crew bubble necklace // Anthro Circle the Globe Skirt (Edme & Esyllte 2010) // Puma flats

*I would still blog even if no one read it, but I’d just like to say I love love love LOVE that a few people do. It amazes me you’re interested in what I have to say and how I look. You guys are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...