12.3.13

Dresses, dresses, dresses

I was browsing Anthropologie online this morning (and then in-store in Yorkville on my lunch break) and I realized I haven’t bought a dress from Anthro in almost two years.


Banana Republic twist-front top // Hilary Druxman necklace // Anthro Verdant Slip Dress (Moulinette Soeurs, 2011) worn as a skirt // Wolford tights // Michael Kors heels

I loooove the Anthro dresses I bought in the past, this one included, but obviously nothing in the past two years has caught my eye. Anthro is a bit of an exercise in futility for me these days—I browse online, don’t see anything I want, then I go into the store and still don’t see anything I want and wonder why I went in the first place. I may be swayed by the Wynwood Top (looks a lot like the labyrinthine tee from June 2008 that got away from me), but that’s about it.


I thought it was a dress, but it’s a jumpsuit. I just…can’t.

I didn’t try anything on there, I went down the street and tried on these dresses at the Gap.

 

Almost the same shape as this Karen Walker dress, and less than half the price. I didn’t buy though, it’s not a very flattering neckline on me.

Anyway, having said this, I’ll probably find a ton of dresses I love in the next few months, but I don’t know. I think my taste has changed, but I also think that Anthro has changed too. So I’ll just enjoy the dresses I have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...