7.2.13

February long weekend in Boston, in pictures

My sister flew me and Will down to Boston for a long weekend, to hang out for the first three days, and to babysit her husband while she had major back surgery on Tuesday (she’s doing well, but it’ll be a long recovery ahead). That was a bit stressful, but before that we did our favourite things, involving food and shopping.

Lots of eating, and some Simpsons references:


my sister bought me a dumpling cookbook // beef and broccoli chow fun at Myers + Chang // cherry ginger soda (with a curly straw) // Porkslap beer (pork slap! I don’t take crap!) // Georgetown Cupcakes (red velvet, mint cookies and cream, strawberry champagne chocolate, key lime) // oh hallelujah, our problems are solved, we have banana bread beer // charcuterie heaven at Formaggio kitchen // cardamom ginger gelato (the little pieces of candied ginger were my favourite) // sea salt caramel almond gelato (not salty enough!)

Some shopping, culture, and girly stuff:


Chloe ballet flats at the Tannery (I wanted all of the colours, and I really, really really wanted that teal pair, but I can’t/won’t pay $425 for a pair of ballet flats) // a lamb in a sweater at Club Monaco // solar corgi in the gift shop at the MFA (we went to see the Mario Testino exhibit)  // my teal manicure (Zoya Akyra)

And a little (just a little) shopping:


Christian Lacroix Papier notebook from the MFA gift shop // Alexander McQueen paper dolls from the gift shop // Into the Vietnamese Kitchen cookbook // Twisted Sundial Top from Anthropologie // eric michael tao booties ($80 off at the Tannery) // Society6 iphone5 case

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...