18.12.12

Too many shades of grey

Probably not my best idea to stand in front of grey curtains next to a silver subwoofer wearing a grey top and grey tights. It may be too much grey.


Anthro Puckered Placket Top (Deletta) // Banana Republic pencil skirt // Wolford Satin Opaque Tights in Anthracite // Michael Kors heels

I bought this top late last month and wore it for the first time yesterday. But by the end of the day a portion of the hem had unravelled. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that a top costing over CAD$70 would last through one wear, so I returned it today. I could have fixed it myself, but I decided it wasn't worth it.

Note: I've never read 50 Shades of Grey, nor do I plan to. Actually, that's a lie. I have read two pages over the shoulder of a girl on the subway and my only thoughts were "this is terrible," and "this is so not appropriate to read on the subway." Also, since I haven't read it, I probably have no business mocking it. So maybe I should read it so my snarking on it is actually informed.

Second note: I could probably stand to read 50 Shades of Grey instead of reading the news and reading another story about children being killed in Newtown, Connecticut. It truly breaks my heart and I’ve spent more times in tears over the news in the past few days than I think I ever have. I’m not really good at this kind of thing (I’m fine at being snarky and jokey and irreverent, but when it comes to the serious stuff I’m lost), so I’m trying to find ways to deal with it. And hoping I don’t come across as too flippant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...