20.12.12

Temptation…

Tis the season for indulging, of course. Work potluck and an entire table full of desserts last week. Lemon loaf and orange loaf baked by a coworker sitting on my desk (since more people walk by my desk). A giant bag of Lindor truffles delivered to me as a gift from the B.C. office.

The thing is though, I’ve been on a diet lifestyle change since right before Halloween. I’ve decided to go back to eating better and cut out gluten, dairy, and refined sugar from my diet. No more ice cream, no more sweets. I had the shakes for the first few days, but almost two months later it really is a lifestyle change. Overall, I feel better, and I’ve dropped at least 5 pounds, which my boss says is like losing 15 at this time of year. I am planning to indulge over Christmas (salted caramel ice cream, Skor gelato, homemade chocolate chip cookies…), but for now I’m being good. Even in the face of so many treats.

So I survived all that, but Williams Sonoma almost undid it all:

candy canes // candy balls / handmade peppermint snow // Bouchon Bakery gluten-free chocolate chunk cookie mix ($30!!) // ad hoc gluten-free red velvet cake mix // chocolate frosting (I kinda wanted to eat it straight out of the jar)

I only went in to look at kitchen gadgets and Le Creusets but the food section completely distracted me. There were also samples of their peppermint bark and s’mores all over the store. Serious temptation. But I didn’t give in, so yay me. Sugar-free until Saturday! (And then it’s no holds barred.)

Also a source of serious temptation: J.Crew. Every day/week there’s some kind of promotion and free shipping. I’m very tempted by the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Vivid Jade (darker than Retro Jade, but more teal than the product shot shows), but I’ve been a little gunshy about J.Crew lately because I just find the quality of their clothes and accessories pretty terrible (especially for the prices). But let’s face it, I’ll cave. The current promo is 30% off and free shipping on $100, do I cave tonight or hold out for a little more?

Speaking of J.Crew…the bubble necklace (even if it is a knockoff) strikes again.


J.Crew perfect-fit V-neck tee in heather graphite // Anthro cardigan // knockoff bubble necklace in teal // Club Monaco pencil skirt // Wolford velvet de luxe 66 tights // Michael Kors heels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...