31.12.12

2012: pretty good year

One thing I truly love about blogging (aside from "meeting" new people and, of course, being able to unabashedly indulge in my own vanity) is being able to keep track of what I've done. Although what I put online is only a very small part of my life, it's still great to be able to look back on old posts and go "oh yeah, that's what I did in March!" and "oh yeah, that's what I wore when I was doing that!"

This was my 2012:

  • I changed jobs at work, sort of against my will, and I was crushed when my previous boss (whom I loved working for) was laid off after 17 years with the company.
  • I spent a few months of year taking care of myself really well, and the rest of the time kinda not caring that much.
  • I spent a lot of time eating. If I wasn’t eating, I was thinking about food.
  • I wore a lot of teal.
  • I took a lot of pictures and became a little obsessed with PicFrame. With the much better camera on my new iPhone 5, I don’t think that’s going to change.
stupidly picturesque at the Distillery District  
  • I didn’t quite accomplish my resolution to buy only one item per month, but I definitely shopped less and more mindfully. To be continued in 2013.
  • In the same vein, I shopped much less at Anthropologie because I just didn’t like what they were offering this year. And if I don’t like it, I don’t buy it. (Or I like it at first, then change my mind and return it. Happened with a few things.)
  • I gave in and bought one of those knock-off J.Crew necklaces, and wore it a lot. And then some more.

 

I’m not sure this was a very life-changing year for me, but it was still a pretty good year. The perfectionist in me thinks that I could have done better, but the part of me that’s learning to relax and just live is happy with how things turned out. I spent the year having fun, doing things that make me happy, and in the company of friends and family I love, so how can I complain.

Predictably, Will and I are celebrating New Year’s Eve at home, with a good meal (prime rib roast, yum!) and a movie. And as usual, I’d like to wish everyone a Happy New Year, all the best in 2013, and thanks for reading!

xo
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...