4.11.12

Breakfast at Anthropologie

I’ve fallen out of love with Anthropologie this year, but I’m not willing to cut all ties yet. I haven’t been in store since the beginning of September, so yesterday I revived my Saturday morning ritual of grocery shopping followed by a visit to the Shops at Don Mills location as soon as it opens. I was followed by a parade of Zooey Deschanel wannabes (sorry, I can’t help snarking) who were training for the new Yorkdale Mall store (opening November 16).

(As an aside, I’ve also stopped perusing the website regularly, because I haate the model shots and I’m not a fan of the new layout. But that’s just me.)

It’s November, so that means Christmas decorations are starting to go up. This papier-mâché bison standing in snow is the first thing you see when you enter the store.

Sparkly holiday wear and jewellery:

I love the housewares section:

(I also love charcuterie.)

But as for the clothes…I wasn’t inspired to try anything on, except for the Puckered Placket Turtleneck, which is nice basic with a twist, and also an opportunity for me wear something else other than v-neck or low-neck tops (I’m a self-confessed skank girl with boobs).

 

I remember a time when I wanted on to try everything in the store, but I haven’t felt like that for a while. It’s a combination of my tastes changing and Anthro’s aesthetic changing. I find it a little disappointing, but my wallet definitely does not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...