21.3.12

Feeling off-kilter.

I walked home after work and nearly melted in the sun, and I’m pretty sure I have a tan on my left arm only, because I didn’t take my friend’s advice to turn around halfway and walk backwards, to tan my right arm. Trees are starting to bud and I saw some crocuses on my way home. I was out in my neighbourhood later this evening, and it definitely felt like early summer, not late March. It is still March, right?

I’m having some serious mixed feelings about this unseasonably warm weather we’ve been having in Toronto. On one hand, it’s great. I love sunshine and warm (but not hot!) weather. I love spring. I love bare legs!


Jacob sleeveless top | Anthropologie Rosie Neira cardigan | Hilary Druxman necklace | Anthro Goban Pencil Skirt | Bos & Co heels

It’s also hard to argue with the uplifted moods of everyone around. People are discernibly happier everywhere. Amazing what a change in weather will do.

The morning fog is pretty cool too.

But…

It’s late March, not mid-May. Warm weather and bare arms and legs this early in the year is throwing me off. Obviously I’m resisting diving headfirst into spring; I’m not ready to switch out my fall/winter clothes yet and I’m still stubbornly sticking with black. And like Jesspgh, it makes me nervous. My sister says she fears snow in July, but I’m thinking the opposite. I fear it’ll be a scorcher of a summer, which means I’ll be hiding out in my condo with its blissful central air because it’s too bloody hot for me to go out and do anything. I happen to love cooler weather (not cold), and I hope this doesn’t mean winter in Toronto is a thing of the past.

I hate to be a stick in the mud when everyone else is so happy, but apparently I’m just Miss Doom and Gloom. It just doesn’t feel right to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...