23.2.12

Who am I???

I like to think that I don’t get suckered into sales. Admittedly, I’m terrible at waiting for something to go on sale (I’m the queen of full-price purchases), but I also don’t buy something just because it’s on sale. In the past I’ve rationalized with “But how could I not buy it when it’s so cheap??” but if it’s not something I LOVE, then it’s not a bargain, it’s wasted money.

I know this and yet I did this as recently as a few months ago, when I bought Anthropologie’s Lepidoptera Dress when it was half price, just because it was half price. I liked it, but I didn’t LOVE it, and I certainly wouldn’t have bought it at full price (which remains my litmus test for whether I should buy something or not). I returned it pretty promptly.

So J.Crew was having a 20% off promo on a minimum $150 order over President’s Day weekend (Family Day weekend in Ontario), and I was all set to break my one-item-a-month embargo and buy a few things. Nothing on impulse, just a few things I’ve had my eye on for a while.


Ramona Dress in cotton taffeta – I loove the shape of this dress, and I don’t have a good LBD, so I was ready to splurge on this.


No. 2 pencil skirt in double-serge cotton – Great colour for spring.


Perfect-fit long-sleeve tee – a lounging staple for me, long-sleeve knit T-shirts.

But in the end, I let the promo pass with out pulling the trigger. I don’t need any of these right now, and my wallet is certainly happier without having bought any of these. There’ll be other promos in the future and maybe then I’ll bite. Who am I?? (24601! Sorry, couldn’t resist the Les Misérables reference. I used to be a musical theatre geek.) Passing on shopping? That’s not me.

(I do kinda regret the pencil skirt. I don’t have any bright skirts for summer. But I’ll get over it. I’m holding out for a true teal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...