24.2.12

Oh, Cumberbatch.

I don’t wake up to an alarm clock. I hate being jarred awake, so I prefer to wake up naturally, whenever that happens to be. It means varying amounts of time to get ready in the morning, but luckily, I’ve never slept in so much that I don’t make it. Because I’m usually fairly organized the night before, I can usually make it out the door in 15 minutes if I have to.


J.Crew top | Anthropologie Orchard House Cardigan (Rosie Neira) | ayala bar necklace | Anthro Liquid Acres Skirt (Maeve) | Wolford Satin Opaque tights in Admiral | Miz Mooz Felicity pumps

I pick out my clothes before I go to bed because Will doesn’t get up until after I leave for work, so I’d be literally getting dressed in the dark. It wouldn’t be good. Even by iPhone backlight, black/brown/navy/grey tights all look the same.

Lately, since I’ve been falling asleep before 9:30 p.m., I’ve been getting up by 6 a.m. Sometimes I’m productive in this extra time, but lately I’ve just been watching TV on my iPad while I do my makeup and curl/straighten my hair. I’ve been watching the BBC’s Sherlock and I’m hooked. I love Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock – his cheekbones are insane and his voice is beautiful.


from “The Hounds of Baskerville”, screenshot from my iPad

Also, his last name makes for a great expression of frustration, not necessarily an expletive, but as an exclamation when things go awry. Examples:

I’ve been up since 6 a.m. and I’ve accomplished nothing. Cumberbatch.
I fell asleep last night at 9 p.m. like an old person.
Cumberbatch!
Wow, I just ate that entire half-litre of ice cream without realizing it. Cumberbatch.

Unfortunately, the expression only works around people who also watch Sherlock, so around everyone else it just results in blank stares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...