11.12.11

All I want for Christmas is to be reimbursed.

So this pretty much sums up what Christmas is like for me and my siblings now:


via

My sister and I sent our brother and sister-in-law a Kitchenaid stand mixer, but we told them about it advance because I need the UPC code for a mail-in rebate (that sounds awful when I write it, but they understand, and they also appreciated receiving it early because my sister-in-law has 3 dozen Christmas cookies to make for a Christmas exchange). My sister told me to remind her to write me a cheque, but I said, “Enh, just keep your half and that’s my Christmas present to you.” It’s pretty much like that for my friends too; one friend told me her sister-in-law wanted a hat from Club Monaco, and she could just reimburse her for it.

It’s not like that with my 3-1/2-year-old nephew though. It’s full-on Christmas and we make sure it’s pretty damn awesome for him.

When people ask me what I want for Christmas, I have a hard time thinking of anything because I generally buy myself what I want during the year, and I don’t like to ask people for things. But if I were this year, this is what I’d want.

Anthropologie Fringed Lace Top, by TT

It’s simple black, but the lace and the back detail make it special.

Anthro Curvy Chrysanthemum Vase

It’s one of my favourite colour combos.

J Brand 811 Mid-rise Skinny Leg in Riviera Blue

They’re pants and I don’t usually wear pants, but they’re teal and therefore awesome. Also much cheaper in the U.S.; I tried them on at Aritizia where they were CAD$215 plus 13% tax.

J Brand 811 Mid-Rise Skinny Leg in Navy 

Yes, these are the ones Kate Middleton wore on her Canadian tour, so I’m jumping on a bandwagon here. But they’re really awesome jeans.

Fossil Sheila Dress

This dress caught my eye from Kendi’s lookbook. It looks like a really cute piece to dress up or down, and it’s teal. There is a pattern here. I also really, really want this model’s hair. I might take her hair instead of the dress. Maybe.

Rebecca Minkoff striped pouch set

If only they weren’t out of stock everywhere. I blame Lisa for this want, but of course in the nicest way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...