28.8.11

Inspired

The primary reason I read style blogs and pore over Anthropologie catalogues is for inspiration. And yet, I’m terrible at drawing inspiration from what I see. No really, I suck. I have an extremely literal mind; when I see something I like, I have the urge to copy it exactly, and when it doesn’t look the same on me, I fall into despair. Okay, that’s an exaggeration. I get mildly discouraged and then I pledge to work on it.

So from the prompt to be a copycat, here are two outfits that I put together, inspired from the July and August Anthro catalogues.


Anthro Drape & Twist Tee (Postmark) | Anthro Aniseed Skirt (Eva Franco) | Aldo flats

Inspired by this look from the Anthro July 2011 catalogue:

And then this:



Banana Republic Top | Anthro Liquid Acres Skirt (Tabitha) | Anthro necklace | Miss Sixty Tracy shoes

Inspired by this look from the Anthro August 2011 catalogue:

I have to say, I’m still not convinced by the colour combination, but it was worth a try.

21 Day Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...