29.8.11

I guess you go too far when pianos try to be guitars

So here’s my tale of hair woe. I always had super-fine stick-straight hair, then somewhere along the line it got thick, wavy, and hard to manage. I’m hair inept, so having stick-straight hair was great, not much maintenance required, then I started using a flat iron (in addition to a blow dryer) on a regular basis. I’m trying to lay off the flat iron because I’m worried about damaging my hair, so I’m trying to work with the natural wave in my hair more. It actually hasn’t been too hard, I wash my hair before I go to bed, blow dry it, sleep on it, in the morning it’s crazy wavy, which I tame with a comb, my fingers, and a ton of Aveda Be Curly Style-Prep, and it turns out like this.

But then with the 21 Day Challenge prompt to try something new with your hair, I went too far and tried to make it even wavier, and that’s not a good idea for someone who’s hair inept.


Anthro Splashed Palette Dress (Moulinette Soeurs) | Anthro Anadyomene Cardigan (Rosie Neira) | Hilary Druxman necklace | Miss Sixty Tracy shoes

It didn’t work. Since I’m useless with curling irons/hot rollers and I try to be as low-maintenance as possible, I just threw my hair into a couple of braids and slept on them, resulting in flat on top and not so pretty kinks from my ears down. That sounds like a curly/straight version of a mullet – business on top but party at the ends! Not what I was going for.

But the least I can do is smile!

The title of this post comes from the song “Northern Lad” by Tori Amos, which has been one of my favourite songs since the first time I heard it, and probably will always be one of my favourite songs.

21 Day Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...