22.6.11

I look like a superhero!


Anthropologie Oroyo Dress (Eva Franco) | Hilary Druxman necklace | J.Crew Jenna’s Cardigan | Tory Burch Reva flats

I’m going outside 30 for 30 today because I felt like it. And apparently it served me well, because a guy soliciting World Vision donations on the street told me I look like a superhero.  Interesting tactic to get someone to stop and talk to them (I didn’t).  But it’s nice to get a compliment every now and then, even if it’s from a dubious source.

I’m participating in academichic’s annual Dress Your Best Week.  Last year, I struggled to find something I liked about myself, and this year is finding me no less self-critical.  My list of what I like about myself hasn’t changed (hair, boobs, curves, skinny ankles, and muscular calves), and I think this dress highlights some of these good points for me.

Today was a bizarre day for me.  My old department at work underwent a semi-major re-org.  A good friend was let go, and I’m upset for her, although I think it’s for the best.  But more shockingly my old boss was let go.  I don’t know what I’m feeling about that.  Perhaps the word I’m looking for is schadenfreude? No, I won’t let myself stoop to that (my sister suggested I send her an email saying “nyah nyah nyah, I still work here!”, but I won’t).  When I think about it, I owe her a lot: because she let me go, I had six weeks of vacation to detox from that horrible environment, and I was free to accept a job that I actually really really like.  I don’t wish her any specific misfortune, but I can’t say I feel bad for her.  Karma’s definitely a bitch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...