7.5.11

get me to the altar soon

While Will and I were visiting my family in Ottawa last weekend, I finally visited my sister'-in-law’s bridal boutique (new and consignment), and that got me thinking about weddings.  Will and I haven’t set a date for a wedding yet (since we’ve spent all the money we may have spent on a wedding on our condo), but it’s somewhere in my future.

I will probably have to get a dress through my sister-in-law, but that hasn’t stopped me from browsing the BHLDN website.  I’m an Anthro fan, how could I not?

If I were to go with a BHLDN dress, it would be a toss up between the Pinwheel Tea Dress (at $1400) and the Fondant Tea Dress (at $600).  Apparently I have a thing for tea.  Truth is I just want an unconventional dress.

I think I’ve decided on a short dress; I’m not a fussy person, and a big traditional ballgown is just not me.  I don’t want to look like a giant meringue.  But after reading the reviews, I don’t think I’m comfortable ordering something sight unseen.

Too bad, because both dresses really do look fabulous on the models:


I’ll just take one of these, shall I?

I also really like the bridesmaids dresses because they’re not the stereotypical bad dresses.  They’re gorgeous!

If I wanted to be really unconventional, I’d wear one of those to get married in.

With this necklace, please.


Undulate Necklace, $520 (I could have sworn that something like this was at Anthro last year, and I loved it then too)

I’m envisioning a simple wedding, but then I saw these pictures and thought, maybe not?  Oh well, a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...