6.4.11

Versatility

I’ve decided not to give up elastic waistbands entirely, but today I decided to put on “real” pants.


Anthropologie Turn the Kaleidoscope Tank (Deletta) | Club Monaco cardigan | J. Brand 901 jean leggings | Duo Hawthorn Boots

Okay, it’s not much of a departure from elastic-waist leggings.  These J. Brand leggings have a LOT of stretch in them and I can pull them off without undoing the button and zipper.  But it’s a start, right?

To celebrate my foray back into “real” clothes, I’m posting the Versatile Blogger Award passed to me this week.

 

When you get the Versatile Blogger Award:
Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog in your post. (Thanks vintageglammz!) Tell seven things about yourself and award seven recently discovered bloggers and contact the bloggers to let them know they received the Versatile Blogger Award.

  1. I love all shades of blue, but teal is my favourite.
  2. I have a Masters of Arts degree in English Literature.  And unfortunately, I’m embodying the stereotype of the English grad who can’t get a decent job.  However, I’m going to attribute that more to the fact that I have no idea what I want to do (at the age of 32) and I haven’t spent much time on my career.
  3. On a trip to California in 2002, I got the best fortune cookie ever at a Chinese buffet: “You are a lover of words.  One day you will write a book.”  (In bed?  Even better. :))  I’ve kept the fortune since then.  One day I might just write that book.
  4. I find bras extremely uncomfortable and would go braless all the time if it were socially acceptable.
  5. I used to be a musical theatre geek.  I met one of my best friends 13 years ago through an online musical theatre forum.  I’ve seen Les Misérables too many times to count. I still love musical theatre, but I’m not obsessed anymore.
  6. I love dogs.  I mean, LOVE them.  But I don’t own one, and I’m not sure if I want to own one.  I’m afraid that I would be far too lenient with one (I’m such a sucker for big doggie eyes), and we don’t have the space for the dog I want (a BIG one).
  7. I recently came to the conclusion that I don’t like shopping.  This sounds really strange.  I love clothes and fashion, but I hate shopping.  I don’t enjoy the thrill of the chase like I some people; I want to go in, find what I want, and get out.  I’m sure I’ve missed out on a lot of great stuff because I haven’t taken the time to look properly.

Some of the blogs I’ve been really enjoying recently:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...