6.12.10

Excuses, excuses

So I’ve been remarkably quiet about the no-shopping challenge I set for myself at the beginning of November.  Technically, that would have been up as of December 1. 

Truth is I didn’t quite make it.  I think I lasted about 15 days, which for me was an accomplishment.  I hate the fact that I’ve failed again, so I thought about pretending I didn’t.  Who would know any different?  But I’m a terrible liar.  I always have been.

I know it’s no excuse, but I had a terrible month.  Things have been stressful with work, possible property ownership, family and health issues… I’m an emotional shopper, so that’s what I do when things aren’t going right.  Yes, I definitely have to work on that.  I will try a no-shop month again, and one day I will succeed.

So what did I buy? 


Echoing Folds Cowlneck by Bordeaux.  I bought it because I loved the purple version and I was afraid this one might sell out.  It didn’t.  I picked it up on sale yesterday and will return the full price one tomorrow (too late for a price adjustment).


Field Skirt by Edme & Esyllte.  Also bought because I was afraid it would sell out.  But I decided I don’t love it, so I’m returning it too.

That’s it.  Not really worth it, was it? Sigh.  At least I’m sticking to the 30 for 30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...