28.7.10

A shoe dilemma

Somehow, I don’t have a pair of good black pumps.  I shop and I shop and I shop and I somehow neglect the basics. I don’t have a versatile LBD, for example, but that’s a story for another day.

So, I have two options to fix the black shoe issue; one very cheap, one more expensive but not horrific.

The cheap pair:

Aldo Douvier pumps, synthetic patent leather, on sale for $39.98

The expensive pair:
 
Michael Kors, patent leather, $148 at Browns Shoes

As Ned Flanders might say, this is a dilly of a pickle.

I naturally gravitate towards the Michael Kors shoes because they’re better quality.  And yes, I often equate higher price with higher quality, when sometimes that isn’t the case at all. 

So let’s work this out.  I’ve tried on both pairs, and the Michael Kors shoes are much more comfortable.  Then again, I’ve never found Aldo shoes comfortable.  But the $40 price tag is hard to beat.  $150 is a lot to pay for such a “boring”, basic shoe.  The lower price reflects the synthetic material though. The Kors shoes are real leather.  And maybe they’re not the most exciting, but a black pump is a classic shoe that I could wear forever, so shouldn’t I buy the better quality so they last? 

Sigh.  My head hurts.

5 comments:

  1. A classic black pump is something you'll wear FOREVER. They'll never go out of style. I'd say go for the Michael Kors pair and save the cheapies for trends. Dear Aldo always hurts my feet too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I was thinking! I should just bite the bullet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. first time poster! I would get the Michael Kors...it'll be worth it in the end since they're a classic. Why buy a cheapy pair of shoes that will likely hurt (as most Aldo shoes do) and thus rendering them useless? However, with that being said, I'm sure there's something out there between $40 and $150 that is comfortable. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael Kors because those shoes are hot. The heel looks better and more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I really want is a pair of Louboutins, so the Michael Kors at $150 is in between $40 and $735. ;) I can justify just about anything!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...