25.7.10

The perfect meal.

According to Anthony Bourdain, chefs like to play “the last supper” game when they get together and drink.  In other words, what would you choose for your last meal on earth?

This is mine:

I don’t care if July has been sweltering; I will never turn down a steaming bowl of pho.  I like mine with beef balls and tofu, with a good squeeze of lime, plenty of basil, and a healthy squirt of Sriracha sauce on the side to dip the meat and tofu in.  I go out for pho once a week or so; by the time I get to the last slurpy mouthful, I think I could die happy.  Just be careful with whatever you wear.

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog via your guest post on Effortless Anthropolie. I'm also a blogger in TO.

    Now, where is the best Pho in the city?

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle! In my opinion, the best pho in TO is at Golden Turtle on Ossington (between Queen and Dundas). It's rumoured that it's Susur Lee's favourite pho place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love pho! My mom is Chinese but grew up in Vietnam, so as kids we always ate pho. In high school it always cracked me up when a friend/acquaintance would try to "introduce" me to the soup.

    Found your blog through EA too (like Lipstick). Following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diana! I was only introduced to pho when I was in university. I can't believe I missed out on so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one and only time I've had pho was in grade school, when I went over to a friend's house. It had meatballs, and, ah!, it was sooo good!

    I still haven't tried pho at a restaurant, which is a crying shame because SJ has such a huge Vietnamese population.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leina, that must mean that SJ has great pho! (Bad pho tastes of cinnamon. Avoid at all costs.) Definitely try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...