14.4.10

The second try.







These are some photos I took with my iPhone of the window displays at Holt Renfrew on Bloor Street on my lunch break. I was at Holt Renfrew with a coworker friend who was looking at the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. I tried on a lipstick (in Tulle, a "soft pink"), but I did not buy anything.







The no-buying wasn’t just because I can’t afford most things at Holt Renfrew. In solidarity with the 365 Fashion Rehab girls, I’m joining them on their last 30 days for a No-Shop challenge. Yes, I know, I tried that in February and failed spectacularly after 14 days. But I’m going to try again, and I’m cautiously optimistic. I think I’m in a better place to give up my careless consumerism habits than I was in February and March. I’ve pulled myself out of my depressed funk (February will do that to you though--spring helps so much), I feel happier so I don't feel the need to binge-shop (or binge-eat, for that matter), and I’m learning to budget for the first time. (32 years old in June and I’m just learning to budget now…better late than never though, right?) I may fall off the wagon, but I won’t go into (more) debt if I do. And if I’m successful, I’ll have a whole wad of cash to go shopping with on May 15. Definitely looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...