31.12.09

New Year’s Resolution #2: the important stuff (Happy New Year)

I’m spending New Year’s Eve at home in comfy clothes (long-sleeved cotton T-shirt from J. Crew, American Apparel leggings, knee socks) and it’s not likely that I’ll be awake past 10 p.m.  Part of me wishes I could get all dressed up and go out, but I don’t enjoy going out anyway, and the dress I would wear hasn’t come in the mail yet.

All joking aside, New Year’s Eve is a time when I usually reflect on what I’ve done in the past year and what I want to accomplish by this time next year.  One thing I know for sure is I want to spend the next year putting less energy into the things that are not important (namely, things) and more energy into the things that do count.  Beyond my family, boyfriend, and friends, I haven’t quite figured out what those things are.  Once I do, I’ll be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...