11.11.09

It begins.

My name is Rachel, and I’m a shopaholic.

I love clothes, shoes, jewellery, makeup, hair products…

I’m pretty much a typical girly girl, but I’m not a princess. I wear skirts all the time, but outside of work I tend to live in lululemon yoga pants and running shoes, a habit that I’m desperately trying to break.

I’m a firm believer of buying quality clothes, even if they cost more. I’m a self-acknowledged fashion snob—I don’t thrift, I don’t do vintage, I don’t shop at H&M or Target/Wal-Mart.

But the end result is that I have a huge chunk of consumer debt, and I need to figure out how to be happy with what I have (and really, who I am) so I don’t dig myself in any deeper.

I’m 31 years old, I have a B.A. and M.A. in English literature, I work in telecommunications in Toronto, and other than my love of fashion, I’m a lover of words and a foodie with allergies.

Initially I planned to write a blog about how I’ll give up shopping for a year, but after 10 minutes of laughing hysterically on the floor, I gave up on that idea. I know myself and what I can do; I can’t give up shopping entirely, but I can learn to be happy with what I have and get out of debt.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog world, Rachel! I'm glad you found our site and that it has brought me to yours. I'm also a over of words, clothes, and a "foodie will allergies" :)
    I agree, I don't think you need to give up shopping, but you can start shopping mostly *in your closet*. It can actually become fun to see how much you can do with the beautiful items you already own. Good luck with your self-imposed challenge and keep us posted on your progress!

    S.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...